Call for comments - RPM upgrade

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Wed Nov 12 18:04:28 UTC 2003

Warren Togami wrote :

> It is my opinion that RH8 and RH9 should be upgraded to the latest
> versions for the respective distros.

I totally agree. If it were only up to me, 7.x would also get rpm 4.1.1 or
4.2.x as you then get much less hassles to have the most recent apt and yum
versions working.
All my servers running 7.0 and 7.3 are now using rpm 4.1.1 and yum 2.0.x,
but I must admit that I got a weird problem on many of them after the
upgrade which required "rm -f /usr/lib/rpm/Pubkeys" to get rpm working
again... so I really wouldn't recommend mass-deploying that update in the
current state of things (rpm bug with sigs needing to be fixed?).

Matthias

Fedora Core release 1 (Yarrow) - Linux kernel 2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
Load : 2.05 1.40 1.18