[Fedora-legacy-list] A helping hand in Seattle

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Wed Oct 8 17:20:44 UTC 2003

I was just informed that the traditional Fall cider squeeze conflicts with
the GSLUG meeting. Since, IMHO, family is more important, they win out.
I'll have to make it to the next meeting.

-or-

The TACLUG meeting is the week after that. If you guys are willing to make
the trek down to Tacoma, we can all meet then. A group of us usually meet
afterwards as well for beer and dinner.

> Cool, will do. Co-authored by the RHL Bible guy, I see. Definitely looks
> like something I'd enjoy reading.

If you come to the TACLUG meeting, bring a copy of your RHL Bible, he's
usually there and is always happy to sign it.

> Check it out again, I think you'll find it is worlds better now. Out of
> curiosity, how long ago was the time at which it sucked pretty badly? :)

Right about the time we were writing the PVR chapter. That would have been
about a year ago.

> Aha. I'm going to spend some more time looking at it myself. I
> absolutely love my MythTV box now though (esp. since getting an Audio
> Authority VGA->Component Video adapter to feed my HDTV).

You might just spend your time on MythTV. WebVCR+ is simply a front end
that schedules a recording program. You have to use your own viewer.

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.