[Fedora-legacy-list] A helping hand in Seattle

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Sun Oct 12 08:41:47 UTC 2003

> > The TACLUG meeting is the week after that. If you guys are willing to
> > make the trek down to Tacoma, we can all meet then. A group of us
> > usually meet afterwards as well for beer and dinner.
>
> Heh. That weekend, MY family has plans. :-\

Ack! Maybe we should just keep this thread alive until the next GSLUG
meeting ;)

> Any chance you could make it to the Tuesday evening Unix Group meeting?
> Not really much time to talk though...

I could give it a shot. It's seaslug.org right?

> But I assume it stores something in a standard format, unlike MythTV...
> Myth now has a web front end to schedule (and delete) recordings now
> also. I definitely think the two projects could help one another out in
> some way (if only by swiping ideas from one another).

Good point. I remember reading about that nuppel video format. Plenty of
recorders support it now. The benefit to WebVCR+ is that it is basically a
web based scheduler that uses your own recorder. Consequently you get
files in whatever format you want. Currently I use an mjpeg codec in an
avi file format.

-Chuck

--
Quantum Linux Laboratories - ACCELERATING Business with Open Technology
   * Education			| -=^ Ad Astra Per Aspera ^=-
   * Support			| chuckw at quantumlinux.com

A: Because we read from top to bottom, left to right.