Initial Scope Determination (was Re: [Fedora-legacy-list] kde-redhat 7.3 fedora-legacy-likerepository)

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Oct 14 14:44:45 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 01:36, Chuck Wolber uttered:
> No, they were lazily pulled from /usr/share/doc/rpm-X/GROUPS :)

Ok.  There has been some external pushing to get us to try and support every
package we can.  Re-evaluating the situation, I don't think it's going to be
all that difficult to provide the backports for those few one-time errata
items.  So instead of trying to pre-define what we'll support, we just
support what errata comes down the pipeline.

To facilitate this, I had thought of using a WIKI system so that when errata
is needed for a certian package, we could put the package name on the wiki,
announce to the -legacy list, and the person that wants to do the backport
could add their name next to the package on the wiki, and then process the
backport.  Whadda ya think?

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE
http://geek.j2solutions.net