Initial Scope Determination (was Re: [Fedora-legacy-list] kde-redhat 7.3 fedora-legacy-likerepository)

Sean Millichamp sean at compu-aid.net
Tue Oct 14 15:00:23 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 10:44, Jesse Keating wrote:

> To facilitate this, I had thought of using a WIKI system so that when errata
> is needed for a certian package, we could put the package name on the wiki,
> announce to the -legacy list, and the person that wants to do the backport
> could add their name next to the package on the wiki, and then process the
> backport.  Whadda ya think?

I think it sounds like a good idea but perhaps they should add their
name and by when they expect to be done processing the backport.  It
would keep people from flooding emails asking "when" and also give an
indication if the person forgot/lost interest and abandoned the
project.  If it ends up taking longer then they thought then they can
always go back and update the Wiki so everyone else knows they are still
on it.

Has anyone given any thought to if/how updates will be QA'd before a
general release to the Fedora Legacy repositories?

Sean