Initial Scope Determination (was Re: [Fedora-legacy-list] kde-redhat 7.3 fedora-legacy-likerepository)

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Oct 14 16:20:06 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 14 October 2003 08:01, Sean Millichamp wrote:
> I think it sounds like a good idea but perhaps they should add their
> name and by when they expect to be done processing the backport.  It
> would keep people from flooding emails asking "when" and also give an
> indication if the person forgot/lost interest and abandoned the
> project.  If it ends up taking longer then they thought then they can
> always go back and update the Wiki so everyone else knows they are
> still on it.

Good idea.  Date next to the name would be included as well.  See my
other response for a slight variation of this idea.

> Has anyone given any thought to if/how updates will be QA'd before a
> general release to the Fedora Legacy repositories?

Jef Spaleta is working on a new bug triage process for current Red Hat
Bugzilla.  This will also include some QA stuff.  There has also been
mentioned of a community QA process being developed and put in place
for Fedora Core/Extras.  I think Legacy could just use the same
process.  We'd have something similar to a rawhide for our test
packages, they'd get QA'd by the community and unless problems were
found, it'd be signed and dumped into the actual Legacy repo.

Unfortunately, a lot of Legacy stuff is just waiting for FC and FE to
work out their stuff.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: