Legacy going to move...?

Jim Richardson warlock at eskimo.com
Fri Apr 2 19:36:30 UTC 2004

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 08:47:04AM -0800, Jesse Keating wrote:
>On Friday 02 April 2004 00:59, John Pybus wrote:
>> You seem to be suggesting that Fedora legacy will support 7.x while
>> there is a community to do so, but will drop support for FC1
>> community interest or not.  Surely that's not right?
>>
>> I appreciate a minimum supported time for FCx being defined, but
>> after that FC1 should be in the same boat as RH9.  If there is a
>> large enough user community why shouldn't support continue?
>
>Our resources are already spread thin.  I'm pretty disappointed with the
>lack of community effort.  There are a few hard working people, but
>nothing near what I had hoped for.  Taking on more than what we can
>really feasibly do will be bad for the project.  I'd much rather fully
>support a few releases, than halfassed support many many releases.

Well, I appreciate the effort going into FL, I have 2 servers with
RH7.X/FL and one with RH9 soon to go FL. So I directly benefit from FL.
But how can I help? I am not much of a programmer, and I can't risk the
servers by "testing" packages. What can I do to help?

Think for yourselves and allow others the privilege to do the same.
- Voltare