fedoralegacy.org Open/Red Carpet channel

Todd Hammer thammer at rtccom.com
Mon Apr 5 17:45:56 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 12:06, seth vidal wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-04-05 at 13:02, Todd Hammer wrote:
> > I am new to this list so I hope I am not covering old ground here but
> > an exhaustive search of the web/list archives/newsgroups on this
> > subject turned up nothing.
> >
> > Surely, since FL is a community project (like Opencarpet.org) there
> > are plans to create a channel for this? I use red-carpet daemon to
> > manage several machines and this would be great to have this channel!
> > If good people at FL need somebody to head this up, I would be happy
> > to lend whatever help is needed in getting this off the ground.
> >

> To my knowledge you're the first person to request it. I thought rug
> could use apt repositories.
>
> -sv

No, rug is very much like apt and yum in that it does dependency
resolution and such, but it is a different beast.

opencarpet.org's aim is to make popular apt and yum repositories
available (through their opencarpet server, I believe) by xml'izing the
repository. I sent an email just now to joe at ximian.com to find out more
about the process. Perhaps there is nothing that needs to be done on the
FL side to automate making FL a channel.

--
Todd Hammer <thammer at rtccom.com>
Senior Systems Adminstrator/Network Engineer