Legacy going to move...?

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Tue Apr 6 00:32:55 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 16:29, Jesse Keating wrote:

> > Will Fedora Legacy soon (~May) stop supporting RH 7.x by the time we hit
> > mid-May, and only do support for RH8,9 and FC1?
>
> No.  FL will continue to support 7.x, 8, and soon 9 until there is no more
> community interest in these releases.  Only the Fedora Core releases will
> be put on a deprecation schedule.  At any given time, Fedora legacy will
> be supporting 2 Fedora Core releases.

OK, this is great to know :)

> > Would love a statement from someone in the know for the next issue of
> > FNU #10 - since this will be a big deal for people still on 7.x systems,
> > which Progeny (?) still supports
>
> See above statement.  I'd be more than happy to answer any other
> statements, or partake in an interview.  Getting the info about our
> project out there is very important, as we need more volunteers.

Would you like to provide a tiny write-up for the Fedora News Updates
next? Maybe you can use it as a focal point for a call for volunteers?

> > Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere
>
> It hasn't exactly been clear.

Yes, I was under the impression that: While Core 1 is being supported by
RH, the Legacy project keeps 7.x, 8, and 9 in support. When Core 2 is
out, we moved to 8,9,Core 1. Core 3 brings us 9, Core 1, Core 2. And so
on...

This might need to become clearer (or am I the only one getting such an
impression?)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/