When will QA cycle end for apt on RH 8.0?

Barbara Pennacchi b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it
Thu Apr 8 15:35:58 UTC 2004

Hello, I'm new to Fedora Legacy Project, but I have 2 machines running rh8
and rh9. Unfortunately, the RH8 cannot be upgraded to any other version of
RH or Fedora without taking her offline (it's a webserver). So I've used
up2date (with --nox :-) up to the EOL decreed by RHN.

After EOL I've done rpm upgrades by "hand" (searchin' for 'em, ftp'ing them
with the RH9, my workstation and guinea pig, then sftp'ing 'em to RH8,
ssh'ing into the RH8 and testin'em and so on...) but it is a tedious/boring

process.

So, I'm waiting for apt to get released (can I do a rpm -e of up2date after
apt is up and running, by the way? :-)

best regards,
b.