When will QA cycle end for apt on RH 8.0?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Apr 8 16:08:44 UTC 2004

Quoting Barbara Pennacchi <b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it>:

> So, I'm waiting for apt to get released (can I do a rpm -e of up2date after
> apt is up and running, by the way? :-)

If possible, help test the current apt packages (see the Devel Tracker for
details).  If not, when they go into updates-testing see if you can help
test them.  If not, wait until enough people test them to get them pushed
out (keep your fingers crossed that will be soon).  One note: the current
apt packages under consideration will require you to upgrade your RPM version
if you haven't already.

And yes, once apt is released, you can rpm -e up2date and any
associated up2date
programs you desire.

--
Eric Rostetter