When will QA cycle end for apt on RH 8.0?

Wray Cason wrayman at auxiliumcomputing.com
Thu Apr 8 17:14:03 UTC 2004

I don't know about apt but there is already a yum system built for RH8.  I am
using it presently.  Instructions can be found at http://www.fedoralegacy.org.
 The gyrations you are currently going through are definitely unnecessary.
And as far as I know, you can scrap up2date, although the newer version is yum
compatible.  you could continue using up2date if you wish.

On Thu, 08 Apr 2004 17:35:58 +0200, Barbara Pennacchi wrote
> Hello, I'm new to Fedora Legacy Project, but I have 2 machines
> running rh8 and rh9. Unfortunately, the RH8 cannot be upgraded to
> any other version of RH or Fedora without taking her offline (it's a
> webserver). So I've used up2date (with --nox :-) up to the EOL
> decreed by RHN.
>
> After EOL I've done rpm upgrades by "hand" (searchin' for 'em,
> ftp'ing them with the RH9, my workstation and guinea pig, then
> sftp'ing 'em to RH8, ssh'ing into the RH8 and testin'em and so on...)
>  but it is a tedious/boring
>
> process.
>
> So, I'm waiting for apt to get released (can I do a rpm -e of
> up2date after apt is up and running, by the way? :-)
>
> best regards,
> b.
>
> --

Wray Cason "Wrayman"