GIMP 2 RPM for RedHat?

Howard B Owen howen at cisco.com
Fri Apr 16 21:25:25 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-04-16 at 12:27, David Thompson wrote:

> Upgrading some package <foo> to the newest version could require
> new items <gack> and <rech>.  I would appreciate the choice between
> "the fixed, same-old version of <foo> which is easy to install" and
> "the new version of <foo>, which requires new versions of its
> dependents *and* introduces new dependencies which haven't existed
> up to this point, plus config file changes, etc., etc., etc."

This is certainly the set of choices with gimp2. With its tight coupling
with gtk+, it brings a whole slew of dependencies in with it.

Howard Owen    -  Linux Architect "Even if you are on the right
IBM Global Services - Cisco Linux  track, you'll get run over if you
howen at cisco.com   +1-408-853-1381  just sit there." - Will Rogers