Problems w/yum on RHL 7.3

Kevin Hanser Kevin at mica.net
Mon Aug 23 21:03:24 UTC 2004

Hello,

I've recently discovered the fedora legacy project, and I'm very happy
as it is allowing me to breathe some extra life into my "older" RHL
systems.  Allows me to put off upgrading them to FC for a little while
at least :)

Anyway, I've gone thru the instructions on the site and configured a
number of RHL 9 servers to get updates via yum from fedora legacy w/out
problems.  Today, I tried to set up a RHL 7.3 server to do the same,
following the instructions at http://fedoralegacy.org/docs/yum-rh7x.php.

However, when I run "yum update", and then tell it to go ahead and
install the updated packages, it bombs out on the first one with a GPG
error:

Getting libpcap-0.6.2-17.7.3.4.legacy.i386.rpm
Error: GPG Signature check failed for
/var/cache/yum/updates/packages/libpcap-0.6.2-17.7.3.4.legacy.i386.rpm
You may want to run yum clean or remove the file:
 /var/cache/yum/updates/packages/libpcap-0.6.2-17.7.3.4.legacy.i386.rpm
You may also want to check to make sure you have the right gpg keys
Exiting.

I've double checked that I ran the gpg command correctly by running it
again, and it tells me that the keys are installed:

$ sudo gpg --import /usr/share/doc/yum-1.0.3/*GPG-KEY
gpg: key 8DF56D05: not changed
gpg: key 731002FA: not changed
gpg: key DB42A60E: not changed
gpg: Total number processed: 3
gpg:              unchanged: 3

Any idea why this is happening?  Did I miss something...?

Thanx!