moving from xfree86 to xorg

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Dec 3 17:23:08 UTC 2004

Am Fr, den 03.12.2004 schrieb Jaime Davila um 18:07:

> I am using FC1, and would like to upgrade my xserver. As far as I can
> tell, I have xfree86 running, which came with the FC1 distro.
>
> How do I move to x.org? SHOULD I move to x.org, or is that an immense
> pain in the @$$?
>
> I'm hoping that I can do the move with something as simple as a yum
> command. Is that all it takes?

> Jaime

Jaime,

you are on the wrong list with your question. To quote Eric Rostetter
<rostetter at mail.utexas.edu> from yesterdays list mail here:

"But the Fedora Legacy list is for discussions involving the Fedora
Legacy project, its security updates and/or bug fixes.  This includes
questions about installation or updating of packages, using the tools
provided to keep a system up to date, discussions of bugs or security
issues, and discussion about the FL project itself.  It does not include
discussions about day-to-day operation of Red Hat Linux or Fedora Core
systems or their packages, except as related to FL updates to them."

The Fedora Legacy Project cares for security updates, not feature
updates.

My suggestion: upgrade to FC3 if you want/need a newer X.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 18:22:53 up 13 days, 13:10, load average: 1.44, 0.82, 0.49