PHP vulnerabilities?

Dan Trainor - hostinthebox.net info at hostinthebox.net
Tue Dec 28 22:30:05 UTC 2004

Dan Hollis wrote:
> Stuart Low <stuart serverpeak com> wrote:
>
>>I've been tardy in uploading the compiled RPMs (due to the Christmas
>>break). The source RPM that's there will recompile happily though so you
>>should be able to do rpmbuild --rebuild php-4.3.10.sp.src.rpm and end up
>>with the subpackages.
>>[For RH7.3 you can grab and rebuild
>>http://au.seekbrain.com/downloads/psa/BUILD/php-4.3.10-
>>sp.rh73.1.src.rpm]
>

> # rpmbuild --rebuild php-4.3.10-sp.rh73.1.src.rpm
> Installing php-4.3.10-sp.rh73.1.src.rpm
> error: failed build dependencies:
>         libmcrypt is needed by php-4.3.10-sp.rh73.1
>         libmcrypt-devel is needed by php-4.3.10-sp.rh73.1
>
> I am having a rather hard time finding a libmcrypt rpm which will install,
> let alone compile on rh7.3. I found a nice libmcrypt srpm which wants
> autoconf 2.50, which of course does not exist on rh7.3. All the binary
> libmcrypt rpms i've found want glibc2.3, which again does not exist on
> rh7.3.
>
> What's an exact url for a libmcrypt binary rpm for rh7.3?
>
> -Dan

Alright, so...  I'm going to have some free time here, and although I
don't usually contribute to the RH7.3 tree, I'm going to give this a
shot and see how it goes.  The only thing that I can think of that would
get this to work is if it's compiled in a static form.  Is this
acceptable?  If not, I might just do it here to say that I did it, heh.

Thanks
-dant