web site ammendments for yum

Jonas Pasche mail at jonaspasche.de
Wed Feb 4 13:32:16 UTC 2004

Hi Panu,

> I think People should be encouraged to use the FL versions of apt/yum
> because at least the apt package has various important features like
> signature checking embedded which plain upstream apt doesn't have.

Yes, for sure. We should encourage them, but we cannot and should not
force them. But we can tell them why our apt/yum is better. :-)

> The apt mirror-list "format" is trivial to parse in php/python/whatever
> language, with a little munging you can formulate the yum baseurl entries
> from it as well. So you only have to keep one mirror-list up to date.

That's a job for either the mirror list maintainer or the website
maintainer... are there ambitions or maybe already existing code to
generate these files automatically out of a mirror list?

Jonas