OT: Apt and the kernel

Cameron Moore lists at unbeatenpath.net
Wed Jan 7 04:55:53 UTC 2004

How about another dumb question?  Okay, here goes...

Apt never seems to notice that a new kernel package is available for
updating -- I have to explicitly list the available kernel packages and
install the new one.  Is this a bug or a feature?  In either case, is
there a way to fix this annoying behavior?  I've seen it happen before
on a different package, but I don't recall what it was.  Thanks
--
Cameron Moore
[ Anything that's worth having is worth working for. ]