Self-Introduction: Jonas Pasche

Jonas Pasche mail at jonaspasche.de
Fri Jan 16 13:34:59 UTC 2004

1. Full legal name

   Jonas Pasche [1]

2. Country, City

   Germany, Darmstadt

3. Profession or Student status

   System administration

4. Company or School

   None; self-employed [2]

5. Your goals in the Fedora Project

   - Which packages do you want to see published?

     Security fixes

   - Do you want to do QA?

     No, as I don't really know what to do to "do QA". My primary goal
     is writing documentation (see next point), and I think it's better
     to focus on one thing and do it right than doing too much things at
     once and produce nothing helpful. Additionally, there seem to be
     quite a handful of people that already could do QA.

   - Anything else special?

     Yes, I want to gather, summarize and write new documentation
     for fedoralegacy.org, as the docs section on that site is
     completely empty. I guess that with 7.3/8.0/9 EOL many people
     will get to know Fedora Legacy, and most of them wouldn't have
     heard of Fedora, apt or yum before and "just want to use it"
     without a high learning curve. I'm good at clarifying and
     summarizing things to make them more usable the end user.
     However, I'm not a native speaker - I'll do my best to write
     clean English, but it would be preferred if somebody could
     look over what I write to check for correct grammar and style.

Historical qualifications

   - What other projects have you worked on in the past?

     I have long worked in tech support at an ISP, where I have been
     also developing web interfaces for different types of applications,
     mainly a DNS management software. Unfortunately it isn't free
     software because of my work contract, but at least there are still
     some screenshots at [3].

     In 2001 I have completed my RHCE exam on RHL 7.0 [4].

     I have held quite some courses; topics varying from website
     development through common Red Hat Linux installation and usage
     to DNS and mail server management, and people revisited me in
     other courses, so I think I don't have been too bad. ;-)

     I've been a contributor to the qmail and vchkpw mailing lists. You
     can check my posting history at the MARC list archives [5] as well
     as having a look on my patches for tools of the qmail world [6].

     I'm currently supporting the German DynDNS provider www.selfhost.de
     with conceptual and technical help and have written the Linux
     Updater Software for that service.

   - What computer languages and other skills do you know?

     Languages: bash, Perl

     Other skills: Good knowledge of system administration in general,
                   well-experienced with Red Hat Linux since 6.2

   - Why should we trust you? <--- too blunt?

     As I'm not going to create/sign/publish RPMs that might damage
     people's computers, risk is low - simply judge from what and how
     I'm going to write.

GPG KEYID and fingerprint

[jonas at leonardo jonas]$ gpg --fingerprint 1F6AB94E
pub  1024D/1F6AB94E 2003-03-17 Jonas Pasche <mail at jptrainings.de>
     Key fingerprint = 5FA7 12F9 4161 D71F D5FA  AD6B BB03 78B3 1F6A
B94E
uid                            Jonas Pasche <mail at jonaspasche.de>
uid                            Jonas Pasche <mail at jonaspasche.com>
sub  2048g/99F05557 2003-03-17 [expires: 2004-03-16]

[1] http://jonaspasche.de/index.shtml
[2] http://jonaspasche.com/ (German only)
[3] http://www.domke.de/produkte/dns.html (German only)
[4] https://www.redhat.com/training/certification/verify/