Self-Introduction: Jonas Pasche

Christian Pearce pearcec at commnav.com
Fri Jan 16 14:58:31 UTC 2004

Welcome Jonas we are in need of documentation.  I have been trying to write down faq's.  And review the site.  I am not certain who you need to coordinate with to get setup for updating the site.  Talke with Jesse, and Eric Rostetter.

We need to get some guidelines (read docs) together for Publishing a package.  Everyone seems to take the same approach.  Just do it, then we spend time in the channel being told to do XYZ with gpg and bugzilla.  Start with taking what Fedora has for publishing guidelines.  I don't know if it will be hard for you to do this if you never tried to publish a package.  If you start with something we can refine it as we go.  This goes for the QA docs too.

The other thing we need is QA process well documented.  This seems to be the other thing people get wrong off the bat.  QA is more about verifying that people aren't putting in trojans.  I believe testing is more of a process after the package is published into RPMS.testing.  This way testers don't get screwed.  While we still don't have a clear policy for verifiying something is secure, I believe we have adopted some of what Fedora has done in the past.  If you can start there and extrapolate what we have started to talk about on the list in the past two weeks on the topic.

But then again you don't need to listen to a word I say.  This is just a start of where I think we are the weakest.  BTW:  I would be more that happy to read and review your work.  There is another individual who emailed me off the list Bill who was also interested in helping review anything I wrote, Bill send an email to Jonas and get hooked up with him.  Maybe you two can partner up together.  I have to admit I will try to take on more tha I can do.  But I fit more into the Policy, QA, Packaging department.

Cheers,
Christian

--
Christian Pearce