Self-Introduction: Jonas Pasche

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Jan 16 20:07:11 UTC 2004

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> > * What is the errata policy for The Fedora Legacy Project?
>
> It's "update" and not errata first.

Changed.

> For FC releases, we will follow a 1-2-3 and
> out policy.  FC1 is released, then FC2.  When FC2 releases, FC1 is no
> longer supported by RH.  Legacy then supports FC1.  FC3 releases and RH
> drops FC2.  Legacy picks up FC2, and FC1 becomes deprecated.  FC4
> releases, RH drops FC3, Legacy picks up FC3, Legacy drops FC1, and FC2
> becomes deprecated.  This will insure roughly 1.5 years of updates
> total for any FC release.  When Legacy drops a release, backports are
> still accepted, but they neither get Legacy keysigned, nor get QAd.
> Perhaps we'll have a seperate "unsupported" repository.  This needs
> more discussion, but can wait.

Can anyone summarize this is a short, easy to understand way for the FAQ?
And how official is that last part about accepting backports after the
support is ended?

> > * What version of RHL/FC are supported?
>
> RHL 7.[123], 8.0.  In the future, we'll support RHL9, FC1, etc...

There is no repository for 7.1, so I'm not putting that in yet.
If someone creates/populates a 7.1 repo, we can revisit it.

> > * Where can I get more info on apt/yum?
>
> Specific Legacy related info, or just general info?

Both actually. :)

--
Eric Rostetter