Self-Introduction: Jonas Pasche

Kelson Vibber kelson at speed.net
Fri Jan 16 21:39:02 UTC 2004

At 12:07 PM 1/16/2004, Eric Rostetter wrote:
>Can anyone summarize this is a short, easy to understand way for the FAQ?
>And how official is that last part about accepting backports after the
>support is ended?

How about something like this:

Fedora Legacy will provide updates for Fedora Core releases two versions
back from the current release.  When Fedora Core 3 is available, we will
provide updates for Fedora Core 1 and 2.  When Fedora Core 4 is released,
we will provide updates for Fedora Core 2 and 3.  The actual hand-off will
occur when the main Fedora Project drops support for each old
release.  Based on the current schedule for Fedora Core, this should give
each release about 1.5 years of update support.

Kelson Vibber