Proposal: Optional libsafe add-on?

David Rees drees at greenhydrant.com
Wed Jan 21 18:05:44 UTC 2004

Warren Togami wrote, On 1/21/2004 9:53 AM:

>> One thing to note:  Warren, you mention that you would like to keep
>> libsafe as a manual upgrade.  I would prefer to see it in it's own
>> channel in case we do need to upgrade it.
>>
>> Is the RPM mentioned in the libsafe bug report the one to check out?
>
> Oh good idea, maybe apt/yum repository on www.fedoralegacy.org itself
> ONLY for libsafe.

That sounds good, but I could also see us using the same repository for
other RPMs which fall into the same boat as libsafe.  It is probably
safer to keep it separate.  I wish that yum had the same capabilities as
apt does when it comes to only using a repository for specific packages. [1]

> Yes please look at the bugzilla report.  Only clean text replace for
> removal is necessary to publish that.

Sorry if I'm being dense, but what does "Only clean text replace for
removal" mean?

-Dave

[1] For example, on some Debian machines I run, I have the following
line in my apt sources.list
deb http://www.backports.org/debian stable smartmontools
This allows me to grab smartmontools from the backports.org without
grabbing the whole repository.