GPG Updates needed???

Todd Freedom_Lover at pobox.com
Wed Jan 21 21:18:26 UTC 2004

Camron W. Fox wrote:
> Sorry if this shows up as a repost. So, I try to test my yum
> installation (from download.fedoralegacy.org) by installing
> xtraceroute and get the following:
>
> [root at hilo etc]# yum install xtraceroute
[...]
> Error: GPG Signature check failed for
> /var/cache/yum/base/packages/gtkglarea-1.2.2-10.i386.rpm
> You may want to run yum clean or remove the file:
>  /var/cache/yum/base/packages/gtkglarea-1.2.2-10.i386.rpm
> You may also want to check to make sure you have the right gpg keys
> Exiting.

The last message is the one you want to look over.  Check that you
have the right gpg keys installed on the gnupg keyring for root.

> I ran a yum clean all and yum clean headers and tried again with no
> joy. I assumed (wrongly, obviously) that the keys were installed
> with yum.

You might have used yum from FreshRPMS or another source.  IIRC, yum
from freshrpms did install the keys for redhat and freshrpms in %post.
The yum you get from legacy does not do this.  Which is good, IMO.  I
don't like software messing with my keyrings automatically.

> Obviously, I've missed something. Any help would be appreciated.

Just import the redhat key and you'll be good.  You'll probably also
want to check out and import the Fedora Legacy key as well.  The
redhat key is available many places:

    on your system: /usr/share/doc/redhat-release-7.3/RPM-GPG-KEY
    on the redhat website:
      http://www.redhat.com/solutions/security/news/publickey.html#key
    on keyservers:
      http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x650d5882&op=index

Same with the Fedora Legacy key.  If you installed yum already, then
it's installed in /usr/share/doc/yum-1.0.3/Fedora-GPG-KEY.  It's also
on the website and the keyservers.

    http://fedoralegacy.org/about/security.php
    http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?search=0x731002FA&op=index

HTH,

- --
It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
    -- Alfred Adler