New PHP 4.3.8 RPMS Released

Michael Mansour mic at npgx.com.au
Thu Jul 22 23:35:08 UTC 2004

Hi Stuart,

> > > Announcement here: http://www.seekbrain.com/archives/000059.html
> > > Repository here: http://www.seekbrain.com/downloads/psa/
> >
> > Anyone maintaining rh8.0?
>
> I don't have a RH8 system and to be perfectly honest I wouldn't
> recommend running a RH8 production system. From memory also Fedora
> Legacy has discontinued supporting RH8 directly.
>
> In either case, you should be able to rebuild the RH9 src.rpm for RH8.
>
> Stuart

That's interesting how you say that, you don't have a RH8 system and you're
making a recommendation based on that. Before FL dropped RH8 support, I ran 5
large RH8 production servers, never had a problem with any of them and really
never needed to upgrade, they were humming along just fine.

Michael.