New PHP 4.3.8 RPMS Released

Stuart Low stuart at serverpeak.com
Fri Jul 23 02:58:37 UTC 2004

> That's interesting how you say that, you don't have a RH8 system and you're
> making a recommendation based on that. Before FL dropped RH8 support, I ran 5
> large RH8 production servers, never had a problem with any of them and really
> never needed to upgrade, they were humming along just fine.

I said I didn't have a RH8 system, not that I had never had one. RH8 has
major problems with the RPM database system with RPM transactions
benchmarked to take over 4 times longer than RH7.3.

Sure.. they'll be just fine if you leave them alone but then so would a
Slackware 2.0 machine. :) However, as soon as one attempts to do any
sort of RPM development or even update RPMs on a regular basis (I'm in
the webhosting arena and PHP, Apache and Control panel updates are
common) the RPM system goes to hell.

*shrugs* You've switched to RH9 now? Ironic. ;)

Stuart