Red Hat 9 Updates

Jay Lee jlee at pbu.edu
Wed Jun 2 16:04:36 UTC 2004

David Eisner said:
> I notice that there are no RH9 advisories listed yet:
>
>    http://www.fedoralegacy.org/updates/RH9/
>
> Is it safe to depend on Fedora Legacy to provide
> security updates for a RH9 system?
>
> In all sincerity, this is not a complaint.  I realize
> Fedora Legacy is a volunteer effort with limited
> resources, and there are no free lunches.  I just
> need to make an informed decision about whether I
> should start upgrading my RH9 systems to another
> OS (RHEL, FC, etc.).

Noticing your .edu email address, you could purchase RHEL AS 3 for just
$50 or WS for $25, I went this route with 4 of my servers and just Monday
moved my last RH9 box up to FC2 (it's an internal server so I keep it a
little more bleeding edge).  I've found RHEL3 to be an excellent
replacement to RH9, pricing is kinda hard on the commercial businesses but
not for those of us in education :)  I do have one last RH7.3 box and the
proprietary app that runs on it won't work with RH8+, just crashes, not
sure where the issue is.  I have that box pulling updates via apt from
fedoralegacy and haven't had any issues so far.

Jay
--
Jay Lee
Network / Systems Administrator