Red Hat 9 Updates

Mike Vanecek fedoraleg_form at mm-vanecek.cc
Wed Jun 2 23:08:32 UTC 2004

On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 11:50:19 -0400, David Eisner wrote
> I notice that there are no RH9 advisories listed yet:
>
>    http://www.fedoralegacy.org/updates/RH9/
>
> Is it safe to depend on Fedora Legacy to provide
> security updates for a RH9 system?
>
> In all sincerity, this is not a complaint.  I realize
> Fedora Legacy is a volunteer effort with limited
> resources, and there are no free lunches.  I just
> need to make an informed decision about whether I
> should start upgrading my RH9 systems to another
> OS (RHEL, FC, etc.).

CVS & rsync RH 9 updates are available for testing:

http://download.fedoralegacy.org/redhat/9/updates-testing/i386/

Have you set up yum yet to query the different chains versus what you have
installed and list what is available specific to your install? That is an easy
way to keep track of what is available.

Another alternative is http://transition.progeny.com/.

Actually, I am using both right now to see what eventually gels. I also
monitor the redhat and fedora announce lists to see what is being released for
those systems. However, I am impressed with the effort and dedication of the
folks associated with the FL effort.