8.0 packages to QA

Pedro Canadilla PEDROCJ at terra.es
Sun Jun 6 16:11:04 UTC 2004

El dom, 06-06-2004 a las 16:49, Marc Deslauriers escribió:
> I wouldn't spend time testing the rh8 packages unless you need them for
> yourself. AFAIK, rh72 and rh8 support has been dropped from Fedora
> Legacy because of lack of interest.

It's a pity. I remember a paragraph from the FAQ...

"For supported Red Hat Linux releases, we will continue to issue
back-port security or critical fixes for as long as there is community
interest, but for at least another 1.5 years from their official Red Hat
End of Life."

Another one: "We are currently supporting Red Hat Linux 7.2, 7.3, 8.0
and 9 as these have reached their End-of-Life (EOL). We will provide
support for these Red Hat releases for as long as there is community
interest."

There are people that have interest in rh8. Perhaps not so many as
others releases. Maybe it should say: <<as long as there are majority of
users from your distribution rather than others (democracy?) or there
are an algorith that determine that yours is relevant (ramdom?)>>.

I understand the lack of resources of fedora legacy as I understand the
lack of resources from the hardware to upgrade to 9 or to FC1 as some
people has told here. I understand that 1.5 years is time enough to get
investment to replace the obsoleted hardware, but 0.5 years is not.

It's not a complaint, only deception.

Regards,
P.C.