8.0 packages to QA

Joe Pruett joey at clean.q7.com
Sun Jun 6 16:21:53 UTC 2004

> It's a pity. I remember a paragraph from the FAQ...
>
> "For supported Red Hat Linux releases, we will continue to issue
> back-port security or critical fixes for as long as there is community
> interest, but for at least another 1.5 years from their official Red Hat
> End of Life."

i think that you need to read that as "community interest in helping build
and test patches".  that is the part that has been missing and talked
about on this list quite a bit lately.  i know for myself that i have
interest in obtaining patches, but not the time available to help.  i'm
going to put most of my time into upgrading boxes to rh9 to avoid the
issue for now.