A question on apt-get relative to kernel versions

Eucke Warren euckew at sierraelectronics.com
Mon Jun 14 18:14:15 UTC 2004

Hello all!

Perhaps I missed something in what and how apt-get updates but my test machine is still booting to 2.4.20-8.  Isn't the latest available for RH9 somewhere around 2.4.20-31x or something?  Does apt-get avoid kernel updates or does the fedoralegacy mirrors not include a newer kernel?

BTW, the instructions for apt-get for RH9 work like a charm!  Thanks all.  I'd love to help in the FL project but my credentials and abilities are limited.  I do have the ability via VMWARE to test stuff...so I offer that if I can help...

-Eucke