YUM help

John Aldrich john at chattanooga.net
Tue May 4 21:18:59 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 04 May 2004 05:10 pm, Rick Johnson wrote:
> > I think the "Null" is the problem.  It looks that it cannot resolve the
> > value of the $releasever variable.

That's what I figured...

> In which case, define it manually using:
>
> releasever="9" or whatnot.
>
> Do you have a custom /etc/redhat.release file (or is it missing
> all-together)?

Nope... here's the output of "cat /etc/redhat-release":
[root at slave1 etc]# cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Linux release 9 (Shrike)

As you can see, it's a standard redhat-release file... Dunno why it's not
working. I'm gonna give your /etc/yum.conf file a shot and see if that works.
:-)