Kernel updates for QA

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Sat May 8 04:25:50 UTC 2004

On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 01:53:56AM +0100, Dominic Hargreaves wrote:
> On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 01:00:58PM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>
> > This reminds me. If there is a new kernel "in works" then maybe
> > it should also include a fix for nforce2 boards based on an
> > information recently provided, at last, by Nvidia?
>
> I'm not sure if this qualifies as suffiently mainstream, especially for
> legacy users. Should we be attempting this sort of bugfix in FL updates?

The thing is that if you have an nforce2 mobo then depending on
your BIOS you may not notice anything amiss or you may get assorted
crashes, data corruption, etc.  If you do not have such board then
you are not affected at all - patched or not patched. Personally
I am falling in the later category.

This fix is indeed a few days old but only now the information
on which it is based become available.

  Michal