fedora-legacy-list Digest, Vol 3, Issue 24

Howard Owen hbo at egbok.com
Thu May 20 23:14:23 UTC 2004

There's no doubt that this was deliberate on the part of Red Hat. But not
everyone is jumping ship. The last I looked, Red Hat's subscriptions are
way up, and their renewal rate is between 80%-90%.

Also, while the instability and disavowal of support do scare off
business use of Fedora Core, the willingness to accept the latest changes
in existing packages, and to try new stuff is appealing to the geeks among
us. This is a core (heh) constituency that Red Hat needs to keep on board
to ensure their enterprise offering stays at a high level of quality and
relevance. This also seems to be working.