RH 7.3 on Compaq PL2500 installation

James Nunnerley webmaster at jnsolutions.co.uk
Wed Nov 24 11:45:14 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm trying to install RedHat 7.3 on a Compaq Proliant 2500.

I've followed all the instructions on www.cpqlinux.com
<http://www.cpqlinux.com/>  and what is with the Compaq Support pages, and
everything seems fine..

I've booted from the RH cd, and install using:

            Linux mem=256M

(If I just used linux it would say there's not enough memory)

It ticks away and gets to the following lines and stops

IP Protocols: ICMP, UDP, TCP

IP: routing cache has table of 512 buckets, 4Kbytes

NET4: Unix domain sockets 1.0/SMP for Linux Net4.0

EXT2-fs: unable to read superblock

Cramfs: wrong magic

FAT: unable to read boot sector

Isofs_read_super: bread failed, dev=09:00, iso_blknum=16, block=32

Am I correct by saying it's something to do with the disk drives?

If so, how do I get around it?

Cheers

James