Yum and RPM's hang after install of Apache and cups on FC 1

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Wed Oct 6 15:42:42 UTC 2004

Am Mi, den 06.10.2004 schrieb Gilbert Sebenste um 17:17:

> > FWIW, I've "melted down" RPM many times on Redhat 8/9.  I've never seen
> > a problem under 7.3 or Fedora Core, though.

So do I.

> Yes, I have never had one myself under FC1. Is there a way to get the cups
> package GPG signed? I am thinking that is the problem. Alexander or
> others, do you have any ideas? I can't even get "rpm -Fvh" to work
> anymore.

> Gilbert Sebenste

Gilbert,

I can offer to install test packages on my FC1 "test" system - please
advise me then which to try. A missing GPG signing of a package like
cups is certainly doing no harm. Did you already install the cups and
httpd test packages from Fedora Legacy on your FC1 system? Your RPM is
working as long as you don't try to install the testing packages?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 17:35:47 up 6 days, 20:01, load average: 1.37, 1.47, 1.42