Let's get moving

David Rees drees at greenhydrant.com
Thu Sep 2 15:57:57 UTC 2004

Matt Nuzum wrote, On 9/2/2004 7:48 AM:

> I suggest that FLP create time-lines for which people can expect
> support.  RH 7.x (x>=1) came out in 2001, right?  How long does the
> community want to support it?

It is quite clear how long RH 7.3 and 9 will be supported for, see the
FAQ: http://www.fedoralegacy.org/about/faq.php  While it is not a
specific date, I do not see that as a problem.  It will be supported as
long as there is community support.

In the end that is what the FL project requires to succeed, community
support.  However, it just isn't a very exciting job to do backporting
and testing of legacy software.

For those of you wanting to see packages make it out of -testing, please
see the QA Testing document.  It does quite a good job of describing the
QA process.

http://www.fedoralegacy.org/wiki/index.php/QaTesting

-Dave