yum broken :p

Barbara Pennacchi b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it
Tue Sep 14 20:59:40 UTC 2004

On 14.09.04 22:20, Jeff Sheltren wrote:
> Err, it's not yum that is broken on RH9; I have used yum on RH9 for
> quite some time now.  I believe the problem she is having is due to
> using a different python version...  Is that correct, Barbara?

Correct. When I installed yum on both boxes it worked fine. It worked even
through updating a RH8 box to RH9. Then the need to update python for
installing mailman came up. And it is this python upgrade that broke yum.

> If so, you may want to direct this to the yum mailing list as it isn't
> really related to Fedora Legacy.

Thank you for the pointer. I'll let you know what comes out of it.

In the meanwhile, it wouldn't be a bad idea to add a warning about this on
the pages related to using/installing yum. :-)

Thanks again :)

b.

|         WARNING WARNING WARNING *** EMAIL ADDRESS CHANGED!         |
|                  USE EMAIL ADDRESS PROVIDED BELOW                  |
|     IF YOU KEEP WRITING TO THE OLD ADDRESS IT IS NOT MY FAULT!     |
| Barbara Pennacchi                          b.pennacchi at istc.cnr.it |
|                 Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche                 |
|         Istituto di Scienze e Tecnologie della Cognizione          |
|                  V.le Marx 15, 00137 Roma, Italia                  |
|                      http://www.istc.cnr.it/                       |