yum broken :p

S.Joseph joseph at ndimedia.com
Tue Sep 14 22:09:59 UTC 2004

Eric is right I installed 2.3 which installed as /usr/bin/python2.3,  I
pointed the /usr/bin/python link to 2.3 and yum failed , I modified yum to
use 2.2 and it worked again.

/usr/bin/yum line 1
#!/usr/bin/python2.2

for my test I used
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.3.2/rpms/redhat-9/python2.3-2.3.2-1pydotorg.i386.rpm

PS: I didn't get the same error as you Barbara  but maybe the fix is the
same.

good luck