bugs per distro version?

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Apr 12 23:52:59 UTC 2005

We talked about this a little while ago ("state of bugzilla" thread), but
since I'm all inspired, I thought I'd bring it up again.

I find the status whiteboard thing useful for some things, but difficult for
keeping straight what vulnerabilities apply to and are in what state for
different distribution versions.

In the future, I think it'd be nice if issues which affect multiple
supported releases each got their own bug. This'd make it easier to track
the various states of each without having the potential of a problem with a
RHL7.3 update holding up a known-good FC2 one (or vice versa).

How do other people feel about this? (I'm willing to tackle some of the
bugzilla-tending overhead which this might add.) If everyone hates it,
though, I can learn to live with the whiteboard.

I don't suggest messing with the existing version=unspecified bugs -- I
think that'd just create extra work. But if people *are* okay with this
idea, I would like to create FC2 "clone" bugs for existing unspecifed or
rhl9/rhl73 bugs which also affect FC2.

Thoughts?