mysql-server

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Apr 13 17:25:51 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 10:53 -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:
> Yes.  The wiki is sometimes available, sometimes not.  Amazingly it
> was
> up enough for the spammers to get in again and deface it with links (I
> fixed
> that yesterday).  But I know it is frustrating; more than once I've
> had it
> go south on me while I was using it.
>
> Since it isn't stable, I'm hoping Jesse will get it migrated to a new
> (more stable, secure) location asap.  But not sure what if any
> progress
> is going on with that.

A lot of this problem was that another service was using the mysql
daemon on that system, and that service went haywire over the last
couple weeks, driving the box load average up to the 90s.  Yes that is 9
0, 90.  I've since killed that service and our loads are quite saner,
and the mysql daemon won't be restarted so violently anymore.  This
still doesn't disrupt my desire to move to the Fedora wiki space.

Was I helpful?  Let others know: