mysql-server

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 13 19:20:45 UTC 2005

Quoting "Pettit, Paul" <ismanager at ccbnpts.com>:

> The "other ways" is this list AFAIK and since I had already been reamed for
> voicing my opinion on scheduled vs. un-scheduled (/ asap) updates that left
> ... Ummm ... No other outlet.

Other ways could be communication on the list, posting completed documentation
to the list, e-mailing completed documentation to someone in the project
with power to install it on the web server, asking for a position in the
group in which you could directly work on the web site, posting to another
wiki somewhere instead of the FL wiki, etc.  The limit is your imagination
and willingness to put forth the effort.

> Feel free to correct me if I've missed something.

Well, I don't think posting to the list is such a bad thing, but your
opinion differs.

> > > Can we just call it now and move on?
> >
> > If you are happy with what I did to the documentation, don't
> > want any further
> > changes, and have found a solution that works for you, then
> > there is no
> > reason to pursue this further.
> >
> > --
> > Eric Rostetter
> >

> The future is is not a set thing (IMHO) so if your looking for a "you said"
> card to prevent me from coming back to this then I can't help you.

I'm looking for no such card.  I'm just saying, if no one has an issue
with this anymore, then it can be dropped.  If someone still has an
issue with it (and makes that known) then it shouldn't be dropped.

If it is dropped now, it can always be raised again in the future should
the need or desire arise.

Anyway, unless someone re-opens the topic I'll consider it dead.

--
Eric Rostetter