FC2 transition progress

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Apr 18 20:28:50 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-04-18 at 15:11 -0500, Eric Rostetter wrote:

> Can anyone give me an update on the FC2 transition/migration progress?
> I can see slow progress, but have no real info on how things are
> going.
> Anything I can do to help?

Text that was submitted by me to Fedora News...

So FC2 was handed over to Legacy.  Due to a small lack of planning on my
part, and a larger issue of being completely busy the weekend before FC4
Test2 released, I was not able to get the infrastructure ready for FC2
in time for the hand off.  Because of this, I've had to contend with
bandwith hungry testers that are pulling down FC4Test2 like there is no
tomorrow.

Thankfully I've been able to sync up all the original FC2 packages and
current updates.  As of this afternoon, they were uploading from our
build and master server box over to the master mirror server which
should then spread to all the mirrors out there.  Of course no packages
have been built yet, nor has a yumconf been made specifically for it.
We're working on a quick 'Getting Started with FC2 Legacy' doc that will
cover what needs to be changed to start using our services.

Also, Red Hat Bugzilla now has a Fedora Legacy product with a release
for FC2 (as well as the others we're supporting).  Bugs can now be
filed, and we are reviewing current FC2 bugs for security concerns.  All
in all, the handoff is happening, but we have a lot of work to do in
order to make it more smooth next time.

Look for more FC2 happenings within Fedora Legacy over the next week or
so.

Cheers!

Was I helpful?  Let others know: