FC2 transition progress

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Mon Apr 18 20:41:11 UTC 2005

Quoting Jesse Keating <jkeating at j2solutions.net>:

> Thankfully I've been able to sync up all the original FC2 packages and
> current updates.  As of this afternoon, they were uploading from our
> build and master server box over to the master mirror server which
> should then spread to all the mirrors out there.  Of course no packages
> have been built yet, nor has a yumconf been made specifically for it.

Sounds good.  I'll see if I can get that into the web page.

> We're working on a quick 'Getting Started with FC2 Legacy' doc that will
> cover what needs to be changed to start using our services.

I already created one in CVS, but never pushed it to the web site.
Not sure how far along you are, or who is doing it.  Anyway, in CVS
you'll find my hack, which was just to make some small changes to the
FC1 yum guide.  We need better co-ordination here.

> Also, Red Hat Bugzilla now has a Fedora Legacy product with a release
> for FC2 (as well as the others we're supporting).  Bugs can now be
> filed, and we are reviewing current FC2 bugs for security concerns.  All
> in all, the handoff is happening, but we have a lot of work to do in
> order to make it more smooth next time.

Okay, I'll put some of that on the web page also.

> Look for more FC2 happenings within Fedora Legacy over the next week or
> so.

Sounds good...  Can you keep me, or the list, informed of important
milestones as they happen (like this message you sent to Fedora News)?

--
Eric Rostetter