separate emails to fedora-legacy-announce for each OS

Pettit, Paul ismanager at ccbnpts.com
Fri Apr 22 19:00:55 UTC 2005

> Eric Rostetter wrote:
>
> Quoting Joe Harrington <jh at oobleck.astro.cornell.edu>:
[snip]
> > It wouldn't be too outrageous to grab the scripts
> > from FP and have them post to a second list (or even a list per
> > release).
>
> I'm not against a separate list for individual notices.  I just don't
> want to change the current list.  I'm not sure Red Hat would let us
> set up a (more or less) infinite number of mailing lists though (one
> for each new release).  And I'm not sure having two announce lists
> (one with individual and one with combined) wouldn't be more confusing
> than helpful.  But I'm open to further discussion.

Almost afraid to speak up but ...

Why not use the existing, original, distro lists? They are still up and have
people subscribed to them (I'm on the Valhalla and Shrike lists). RH seems
to not be interested in closing them and they are archived automatically.
Sounds like they'd be useful for the above but, meh, just me thinking out
loud.

Peace.

Paul Pettit
CTO and IS Manager
Consistent Computer Bargains Inc.

I've heard it said that the proof of lunacy is when you repeat the same
steps expecting different results.  I say it's proof that you're a Microsoft
user. - comment by deshi777 on experts-exchange.com