separate emails to fedora-legacy-announce for each OS

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 22 19:28:00 UTC 2005

Quoting "Pettit, Paul" <ismanager at ccbnpts.com>:

> Why not use the existing, original, distro lists? They are still up and have
> people subscribed to them (I'm on the Valhalla and Shrike lists). RH seems
> to not be interested in closing them and they are archived automatically.
> Sounds like they'd be useful for the above but, meh, just me thinking out
> loud.

Sounds like an interesting idea actually. If we automatted the process of
creating/sending the advisories, then this would be pretty trivial to do.

If we adopted this, then that would help solve the issue.  But i'm not
sure if the other lists would object to this or not though, so we would
have to ask permission on those lists before trying to do anything like
this.  Probably not so much of an issue for the old RHL lists, but probably
more of an issue for the FC list (I think there is only one, not one
for each release, but I'm not 100% sure).

Something to consider at least.  Not sure where I stand on it, or if
we'd be "allowed" to,  but I'll mull it over for a while...

--
Eric Rostetter