automatic nightly updates

Dan Schlitt schlitt at world.std.com
Sun Apr 24 18:49:52 UTC 2005

I guess it is my paranoia from 15 years of system administration but I
would never do unattended patching of any computer I really cared about.

I have had patches for HP-UX and AIX cause serious problems and from the
noises that occasionally came from the person at the desk next to me
that also happens with Solaris patches. Why should I expect anything
different for Red Hat or other distributions.

It would be nice if yum had an option to just download the rpms. Then I
could look at them and install them on my own schedule. But I haven't
been able to detect such an option.

/dan

--

Dan Schlitt