separate emails to fedora-legacy-announce for each OS

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Apr 27 21:51:00 UTC 2005

On Wed, Apr 27, 2005 at 11:10:42AM -0600, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
> I already have substantial troubles in finding Legacy bugs.
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/buglist.cgi?product=Fedora+Legacy
> does produce some listing but this does not seem to be in any
> discernible order and searching through that, even if you have some
> idea what you are searching for, is difficult and takes time.  Maybe
> I am not sufficiently conversant with bugzilla searches but I do not
> see how easily to filter out, for example, all CLOSED bugs from that
> pile.  Make that haystack even bigger and force me to do repeated
> searches so I can be reasonably sure that I found all releated
> information I may need and I think that I will simply give up.

More posting later. For now, just this: it's very easy to do better and more
targetted queries with bugzilla -- but unfortunately it's hard to make short
pretty URLs that do so. For example:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/beta/buglist.cgi?product=Fedora+Legacy&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

is everything in open states.

But then, look at the "Remember search" thing at the bottom of the page.
Once you've made the searches you want, you can create memorized searches
and they show up at the bottom of each page. (Or, of course, you can
bookmark 'em.)

But as Marc points out, the workflow in Red Hat's slightly weird bugzilla
doesn't map to the FL workflow very well -- ironically, much worse than that
in the default bugzilla. I'm going to talk to the RH bugzilla guys and see
what we can figure out about that.

> It seems that this split is proposed as a remedy for a situation
> when updates are waiting very long for releases.  Somehow I doubt

No, actually, it's proposed as a remedy for a situation where it's hard to
find things in bugzilla. Really! Not tying up releases is a pleasant side
effect.