metadata for legacy repositories

seth vidal skvidal at phy.duke.edu
Wed Aug 3 05:24:13 UTC 2005

> > Feel like maybe commenting on this a bit further?
> Sure - but honestly I didn't do too much.  I get the feeling you
> weren't expecting it to work?

not exactly, no. I was expecting the rpmdb to explode on itself. But
then again we're only ever touching it from the outside so it should be
okay.

>   Basically I re-used the buildroots.xml
> from fc3 for all of them and it seems to work fine.  After running
> creatrepo in the appropriate places in the repositories, it was just
> a matter of pointing the configs to the right place.  For FC2 and
> lower I needed to change the mock config from:
> config_opts['runuser'] = '/sbin/runuser'
> config_opts['runuser'] = '/bin/su'

Would you care to send me those configs. I could include them in the
system. We could point them to the legacy download site so we know we'd
have all of it and then others could easily test and build package
updates, too.

> To get the dist tags working (buildsys-macros), I needed to use /etc/
> rpm/macros instead of /etc/rpm/macros.disttag.  I'm guessing that the
> older versions of rpmbuild only looked at '/etc/rpm/macros', but I
> haven't confirmed this yet.

did you rebuild the buildsys-macros package? I could put it up at the
buildgroups location on fedoraproject.org.

> So far everything seems to work.  I've tested out cfengine and a
> couple other packages.  I'll put up my configs somewhere and write up
> a wiki page with the step-by-step details.

great - but let's get it merged into the mock in cvs. You have a fedora
cvs account, right? If I can get commit access enabled for you for mock
would you be willing to throw them in?

thanks,
-sv