metadata for legacy repositories

Jeff Sheltren sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 3 14:03:26 UTC 2005

> not exactly, no. I was expecting the rpmdb to explode on itself. But
> then again we're only ever touching it from the outside so it should be
> okay.

Yeah, I was actually expecting the same but gave it a try anyway.  Then,
looking closer at it, we are only ever using the host system's yum to
modify the rpmdb.  Since the rpmbuild uses the --nodeps flag, it doesn't
need access to the rpmdb, so everyone ends up happy :)

> Would you care to send me those configs. I could include them in the
> system. We could point them to the legacy download site so we know we'd
> have all of it and then others could easily test and build package
> updates, too.
>
> did you rebuild the buildsys-macros package? I could put it up at the
> buildgroups location on fedoraproject.org.
>
> great - but let's get it merged into the mock in cvs. You have a fedora
> cvs account, right? If I can get commit access enabled for you for mock
> would you be willing to throw them in?

Yes to all of those questions.  I didn't post the configs since the ftp
site I'm using in not accessable to the outside world, but I'll modify
them to point at the legacy download site and add them to CVS.  I rebuilt
the buildsys-macros package for fc1 and fc2, and they are here:
http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~jeff/legacy/buildsys-macros/
If you can stick those on fedoraproject.org, I can update the configs to
use them.

-Jeff